This recipe makes approximately 100 pizzelle, making it perfect for Christmas gift giving.
Note: If you want to share this pizzelle recipe, please send people to this page rather than by copying and pasting it onto your own website. If you do share it, please give me credit by linking back to www.thepizzellemaker.com. Thanks!
Makes 100 pizzelle
- 1 dozen eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 ounce vanilla extract
- A few drops cinnamon oil
- 1 pound melted butter
- 7 cups flour, sifted
- 5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs and sugar until blended.
- Add vanilla and butter. Beat until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add dry ingredient mixture to wet ingredients until blended into a thick dough.
- Oil and preheat your pizzelle iron.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto the center of each cookie grid. Close iron and cook until golden. Remove from iron and let cool on baking rack or kitchen towel.